Markdown is the typesetting language used in Github and elsewhere (including Google).
Newlines in markdown can be created with either two trailing whitespaces or a trailing backslash.
The Google Style Guide suggests using a trailing backslash and never using trailing whitespaces.
One line\ Another line
Below are a few programs scripts for rendering Markdown.
- Docsify (GitHub, 15k Stars)
- JS only. Supports multiple pages and search. Many addons.
- Docusaurus (GitHub, 18k Stars) - This is made by Facebook.
- MKDocs (GitHub, 11K Stars)
- MDwiki (GitHub) (unmaintained since 2018)
- Markdeep (GitHub)
- Syntax extends markdown. Only supports a single page.
- Read the Docs (GitHub)