The eBay mastercard is a credit card issued by Synchrony Bank designed for high eBay spenders. This is not a good general purpose credit card due with foreign transaction fees and low rewards. However if you spend several thousand dollars on eBay each year, it might make sense to get. If you are not a heavy eBay spender, get the PayPal Cashback Mastercard instead which has 2 percent cashback everywhere instead of just eBay.
- Easy to get. Not much credit history required.
- Signup bonus varies between $30-$50
- $30 eBay credit after $150 eBay spending
- $50 eBay credit after $250 eBay spending
- No annual fee
- 3 points (2 cents) at eBay for the first $1000 per year. 5 points (3.33 cents) afterwards.
- 2 points (1.33 cents) at restaurants, on groceries, and on gas.
- 1 point (0.66 cents) elsewhere
- 1500 points = $10
- Foreign transaction fee
- No contactless payment
- Low points to dollars ratio
- Minimum 1500 points ($10) redemption.
- Cannot link to Mint.com
- I had fraudulent transactions on this card despite rarely ever using it.